Emory Addicus Camp
Full Name: Emory Addicus Camp
Date of birth: August 14, 1881
Date of death: January 9, 1961
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 8, 1907 - Jan 12, 1909
Rockdale / Milam
Biographical Notes and Resources top
Resolutions and Journal entries
- Obituary, "City, County Mourn Death of E.A. Camp," including photo of E.A. Camp, "Mr. Rockdale," 1/12/1961, pp. 1, 5.
Rockdale Reporter and Messenger.
- Memorial, June 1961, p. 625. "His record as a state legislator gave him the title of 'The Father of the Texas Burial Law.' He was also co-author of the Robinson Insurance Law."
Texas Bar Journal.
- Biographical sketches. Relatives: Emory Addicus Camp - father; Emory B. Camp - son, p. 76.
Texian Who's Who, 1937.
- Emory A. Camp, birth date 8/14/1881 in Monroe, Georgia, death date 1/8/1961 in Temple, Bell County, Texas, usual residence in Rockdale, Milam County, lawyer.
FamilySearch Texas Deaths, 1890-1976.
- Emory Addicus Camp, birth date 8/14/1881, residence in Rockdale, Milam County.
FamilySearch United States World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918.
- Emory Addicus Camp, birth date 8/14/1881.
FamilySearch United States World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942.
- Emory A. Camp, birth date 8/14/1881, death date 1/9/1961, obituary, photo, burial in Odd Fellows Cemetery, Rockdale, Milam County.
Find a Grave.
G.A. Camp, 30th Legislature, State Preservation Board
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.