Joseph Warren Thomas
Full Name: Joseph Warren "Joe" Thomas
Date of birth: July 6, 1877
Date of death: December 28, 1918
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 8, 1907 - Jan 12, 1909
Woodville / Tyler
Chambers, Hardin, Liberty, Tyler
Biographical Notes and Resources top
- Joseph Warren Thomas, birth date 7/6/1877 in Polk County, death date 12/28/1918 in Leggett, Polk County, parents Joseph Lafayette Thomas and Adaline Susan Hudson, marriage to Edward "Eddie" Dailey. Thomas Family Tree Maryland 1666.
- Census of 1900 - Joseph W. Thomas, Polk County, age 22, born July 1877 in Texas, son of Joseph and Adaline Thomas.
Census of 1910 - Joseph W. Thomas, Tyler County, age 32, lawyer, wife Edward E., daughters Katie A. and Tewin E.
Joe W. Thomas, marriage to wife Edward E. Dailey, 12/24/1905 in San Marcos, Hays County. Joseph Warren Thomas in daughter Katie Adeline Thomas' birth record, 10/24/1906.
Texas Births and Christenings, 1840-1981
Texas Marriages, 1837-1973
- Joseph W. Thomas, birth date 7/6/1877, death date 12/28/1918, burial in Jones Prairie Cemetery, Leggett, Polk County, with spouse Eddie E. Thomas.
Find a Grave.
- Brief vignettes on members of the 30th Legislature, "Kodaks by the Chaplain," The Houston Post, 5/12/1907, p. 6, col. 6.
Portal to Texas History (University of North Texas Libraries).
- 30th Legislature (1907) - Joe W. Thomas, postoffice Woodville, nativity Texas, age 29 (born circa 1878), lawyer, Democrat.
Texas Legislative Manual.
Joe Thomas, 30th Legislature, State Preservation Board
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.