Edward F. English
Full Name: Edward F. "Ed" English
Date of birth: November 1, 1844
Date of death: March 31, 1929
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 13, 1903 - Jan 10, 1905
Cameron / Milam
Biographical Notes and Resources top
Military Service Notes
- Confederate States Army, Private, Company H, 1st (Colquitt's) Arkansas Infantry. Ed F. English (full name Edward Flinn English), residence in Cameron, Milam County, born circa 1845 in Tippah, Mississippi, death date 3/31/1929 in Milam County, widow Mrs. Mattie English, marriage date 12/23/1891 in Milam County. Pension File Nos. 38154 (Ed F. English) and 45422 (Ed F. English), Alabama, Texas and Virginia, U.S., Confederate Pensions, 1884-1958; E.F. English, U.S., Civil War Soldiers, 1861-1865.
- Confederate States Army, Company H, 1st Arkansas Infantry. Military grave marker, Ed. F. English, birth date 11/1/1844, death date 3/31/1929, burial in Oak Hill Cemetery, Cameron, Milam County.
Find a Grave.
- Obituary, "Judge Ed F. English Dies at Home Sunday," 4/4/1929, p. 1. "He had served his county in the legislature of Texas . . ."
- Edward F. English, birth date 11/1/1844 in Tippah County, Mississippi, death date 3/31/1929 in Cameron, Milam County, Texas, lawyer.
FamilySearch Texas Deaths, 1890-1976.
- Edward F. English.
Members of the Texas Congress 1836-1845; Members of the Texas Legislature 1846-2004, 2005.
- 28th Legislature (1903) - Ed. F. English, postoffice Cameron, nativity Mississippi, age 58 (born circa 1845), lawyer, Democrat.
Texas Legislative Manual.
E.F. English, 28th Legislature, State Preservation Board
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.