William Attress Craddock
Full Name: William Attress Craddock
Date of birth: June 8, 1863
Date of death: February 15, 1950
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 8, 1901 - Jan 13, 1903
Rogers / Bell
Biographical Notes and Resources top
- Biographical sketch, book excerpt, obituaries, historical marker text, and article commemorating the 110th anniversary of the Battle of San Jacinto, compiled by Judge Larry Craddock of Austin, TX, grandson of William Attress Craddock.
- Brief biographical sketch, William A. Craddock, p. 201. Born 6/1/1863 in Bell County.
The Twenty-Seventh Legislature and State Administration of Texas, 1901.
- Obituary, "W.A. Craddock Sr. Dies at Austin," 2/16/1950, p. 11. William Attress Craddock, "former rancher and legislator."
Dallas Morning News.
- William Attress Craddock, birth date 6/8/1863, death date 2/15/1950, burial in Austin Memorial Park Cemetery, Austin, Travis County. Includes obituary.
Find a Grave.
- Mentioned in Both Sides of the Border: a Scattering of Texas Folklore by Francis Edward Abernethy, 2004.
- Mentioned in SONS OF THE REPUBLIC OF TEXAS.
Handbook of Texas Online.
- Parents of William Attress Craddock mentioned in History of Bell County, pp. 28-33,
- William Attres Craddock family group sheet; birth date 6/1864; mother Malinda Childers.
RootsWeb.com Internet genealogical service.
- Mentioned in
Tales of Old-Time Texas, 1955.
- The Craddock family's importance in the history of Bell County discussed in "A Matter of History: Rogers Church Gets Historical Marker," 3/14/2009. Amanda Childers Craddock, mother of William Attress Craddock.
Temple Daily Telegram.
- William D. and Eloise Punchard Petzel collection includes letters from Eloise Petzel to Crosbytown Chamber of Commerce about W.A. Craddock and family and William D. Petzel, Southwest Collection,
Texas Tech University Libraries.
- Parents of William Attress Craddock (John R. Craddock and Mrs. John R. Craddock, daughter of Goldsby Childers) listed as early settlers of Milam County. Milam County, Texas Records - Vol. 1. Milam County,
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.