James Bishop Doyle
Full Name: James Bishop Doyle
Date of birth: May 17, 1848
Date of death: December 5, 1922
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 8, 1901 - Jan 13, 1903
Slidell / Wise
Cooke, Denton, Wise
Biographical Notes and Resources top
- Biographical sketch, James B. Doyle, p. 261.
Biographical Souvenir of the State of Texas, Containing Biographical Sketches of the Representative Public, and Many Early Settled Families, 1889.
- "Jas. B. Doyle, Formerly of Slidell, Died at Decatur; Was Pioneer of This County," 12/11/1922, p. 1. Account of his life published by the Wise County Messenger: "He served Wise, Denton and Montague Counties two terms as flotorial representative in the state, making a splendid record in that body."
- Brief biographical sketch, James B. Doyle, p. 202. Born 5/17/1849 in Lee County, Virginia.
The Twenty-Seventh Legislature and State Administration of Texas, 1901.
- James B. Doyle, birth date 5/17/1848 in Lee County, Virginia; death date 12/5/1922 in Decatur, Wise County, Texas; farmer/owner.
FamilySearch Texas Deaths, 1890-1976.
- James Bishop Doyle, birth date 5/17/1848, death date 12/5/1922, burial in Oaklawn Cemetery, Decatur, Wise County, with spouse Louisa Jane Doyle.
Find a Grave.
J.B. Doyle, 27th Legislature, State Preservation Board
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.