Edgar Huntley Rogan
Full Name: Edgar Huntley Rogan
Date of birth: February 4, 1833
Date of death: March 21, 1914
Biographical Notes and Resources top
- ROGAN, EDGAR HUNTLEY (1833-1914). Birth date 2/4/1833.
Handbook of Texas Online.
- Portrait and biographical sketch, Edgar H. Rogan, pp. 295-296.
Personnel of the Texas State Government with Sketches of Representative Men of Texas, 22nd Legislature, 1892.
- Biographical sketch, E.H. Rogan, pp. 154-155. Born 2/4/1834 in Granger County, Tennessee.
Texas State Government: A Volume of Biographical Sketches and Passing Comment, 25th Legislature, 1897.
Military Service Notes
- Confederate States Army, Company K, 17th Texas Infantry, enlisted 3/27/1862 at Lockhart, appointed 2nd Lieutenant 6/9/1862. Edgar Huntley Rogan, death date 3/21/1914; widow Mrs. Betsy Ellen Rogan, Lockhart, Caldwell County, marriage date 8/25/1878 in Caldwell County. Pension File No. 42970, Alabama, Texas and Virginia, U.S., Confederate Pensions, 1884-1958.
- Confederate States Army, 2nd Lieutenant, Company K, 17th Texas Infantry. Military grave marker, Edgar H. Rogan, birth date 2/4/1833, death date 3/21/1914, burial in Lockhart Municipal Burial Park, Lockhart, Caldwell County.
Find a Grave.
E.H. Rogan, 25th Legislature, State Preservation Board
E.H. Rogan, 23rd Legislature, Texas State Library and Archives Commission
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.