Lafayette Decatur Hill
Full Name: Lafayette Decatur Hill
Date of birth: January 10, 1829
Date of death: December 30, 1918
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 12, 1897 - Jan 10, 1899
Webberville / Travis
Biographical Notes and Resources top
- Biographical sketch, La Fayette D. Hill. Lewis Publishing Company. History of Texas, Together With a Biographical History of Milam, Williamson, Bastrop, Travis, Lee and Burleson Counties, 1893, pp. 294-295. Born 1/10/1829 in Sevier County, Tennessee.
Portal to Texas History (University of North Texas Libraries).
- Biographical sketch, L.D. Hill, M.D., pp. 136-137. Born 1/10/1829 in Sevier County, Tennessee, first marriage to Sarah Ann Duty 6/20/1855, second marriage to Kate S. Taylor 3/20/1889. Graduated from University of Louisiana medical department in 1853.
Texas State Government: A Volume of Biographical Sketches and Passing Comment, 25th Legislature, 1897.
- Obituary, Dr. LaFayette D. Hill, Volume XIV, No. 12, April 1919, p. 405.
Texas State Journal of Medicine, 1905.
Military Service Notes
- Death notice, "Dr. Hill Dead After Short Illness," 12/30/1918, p. 6. "Dr. L.D. Hill, pioneer resident of Travis county for over fifty years . . . came to Travis county in 1853, and took up the practice of medicine, which he continued for over half a century."
- Census of 1880 - Lafayatt Hill, Travis County, age 52, born circa 1828 in Tennessee, doctor, spouse Sarah, son Franklin.
Census of 1900 - Lafayette D. Hill, Austin, Travis County, age 71, born August 1829 in Virginia [sic], physician in household of Rufus Y. King.
- Dr. L.D. Hill, birth date 1/10/1828 in Tennessee, death date 12/30/1918 in Austin, Travis County, Texas, m. [medical] doctor.
FamilySearch Texas Deaths, 1890-1976.
- Dr. L.D. Hill, birth date 1/10/1829, death date 12/30/1918, burial in J.J. Manor Hill Cemetery, Austin, Travis County.
Find a Grave.
- Lafayette Decatur Hill, Class of 1853, born 1828 in Tennessee, post office Webberville, Texas. A Catalogue from 1834 to 1872 of the Professors, Other Instructors, and Alumni With an Historical Sketch of the Medical College (from Its Origin in 1834 to 1847), and of Its Successor, the Med. Dept. of the University of Louisiana (from Its Establishment in 1847 to 1872), New Orleans, 1871, List No. 3 - Annual Class List of the Alumni.
- Mentioned in sketch of Dr. Thomas Joshua Bennett, Travis County, p. 321.
The Medicine Man in Texas, 1930.
L.D. Hill, 25th Legislature, State Preservation Board
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.