Andrew F. Wood
Full Name: Andrew F. Wood
Date of birth: September 8, 1844
Date of death: February 18, 1914
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 12, 1897 - Jan 10, 1899
Corsicana / Navarro
Biographical Notes and Resources top
Military Service Notes
- Confederate States Army, Private, Company I, 14th Alabama Infantry, enlistment date 6/2/1861 at age 16, muster date 6/2/1861 in Alabama, imprisonment 5/24/1864 in North Anna River, Virginia. Andrew F. Wood, birth date 9/8/1844, death date 2/18/1914, burial in Corsicana, Navarro County, Texas. U.S., Civil War Soldier Records and Profiles, 1861-1865. A.F. Wood, U.S., Civil War Soldiers, 1861-1865.
- Confederate States Army, private soldier, Company I, 14th Alabama Infantry, Wilcox's Brigade.
Texas State Government: A Volume of Biographical Sketches and Passing Comment, 25th Legislature, 1897.
- A.F. Wood, birth date 9/8/1844 in Alabama, death date 2/18/1914 in Corsicana, Navarro County, cotton buyer.
FamilySearch Texas Deaths, 1890-1976.
- Andrew F. Wood, birth date 9/8/1844, death date 2/19/1914, burial in Oakwood Cemetery, Corsicana, Navarro County.
Find a Grave.
- Death notice, "Captain A.F. Wood Dead," The Houston Post, 2/21/1914, p. 3.
Portal to Texas History (University of North Texas Libraries).
A.F. Wood, 25th Legislature, State Preservation Board
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.