Robert Henry Morris
Full Name: Robert Henry Morris
Date of birth: August 8, 1846
Date of death: October 2, 1896
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 8, 1889 - Jul 9, 1890
Rusk / Cherokee
Anderson, Cherokee, Henderson, Van Zandt
Biennial Report of the Secretary of State of the State of Texas: List of Senators and Representatives
Morris resigned 7/9/1890.
Members of the Texas Congress 1836-1845; Members of the Texas Legislature 1846-2004
List of Senators of the 21st Legislature, "The State Senate: Members-Elect in the Different Districts - Austin Local Notes," Galveston Daily News
, 11/20/1888, p. 6, crediting Abilene Library Consortium. "There are two independents in the list. The rest are democratic nominees."
Portal to Texas History (University of North Texas Libraries)
21st Legislature - Roll call of new members, oath of office administered, 1/8/1889, p. 1.
Biographical Notes and Resources top
- Biographical sketch, Robert H. Morris, pp. 204-206.
Personnel of the Texas State Government with Sketches of Distinguished Texans, 21st Legislature, 1889.
- Portrait and biographical sketch, Robert H. Morris, pp. 584-586. Born 1846 in Gadsden, Florida. Lawyer and former county attorney, county judge, and district attorney of Nacogdoches County; afterward moved to Cherokee County and married Miss Norman.
Personnel of the Texas State Government with Sketches of Representative Men of Texas, 22nd Legislature, 1892.
- Biographical sketch, p. 389. Born in 1846.
The Texas Senate: Volume II, Civil War to the Eve of Reform, 1861-1889, 1999.
- Robert H. Morris, marriage to Sallie L. Norman 3/12/1885 in Cherokee County.
Robert Henry Morris and Sarah Lee Norman, parents of Robert Henry Morris (birth date 2/26/1886 in Rusk, Cherokee County) and Sarah Curtis Morris (birth date 10/24/1894 in Rusk, Cherokee County, father's birthplace Gadsden County, Florida, born circa 1848).
FamilySearch. Texas Births and Christenings, 1840-1981 (1)
Texas Births and Christenings, 1840-1981 (2)
Texas, County Marriage Index, 1837-1977
- Robert H. Morris, birth date 8/8/1846, death date 10/2/1896, burial in Troup City Cemetery, Troup, Smith County.
Find a Grave.
- Death notice, Judge R.H. Morris, The Galveston Daily News, 10/9/1896, p. 1, crediting Abilene Library Consortium. Dateline Nacogdoches, Oct. 7. "He died at Troupe, but for many years past he resided in Cherokee county, where he was elected to the state senate one term. Formerly he resided in Nacogdoches county and was county judge."
Portal to Texas History (University of North Texas Libraries).
R.H. Morris, 21st Legislature, State Preservation Board
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.