Travis Spraggin Cochran
Full Name: Travis Spraggin Cochran
Date of birth: October 18, 1828
Date of death: January 25, 1908
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 8, 1889 - Jan 13, 1891
Colita / Polk
Polk, San Jacinto
Biennial Report of the Secretary of State of the State of Texas: List of Senators and Representatives
Personnel of the Texas State Government with Sketches of Distinguished Texans, 21st Legislature
Roster of Representatives of the 21st Legislature, "Twenty-First Legislature: Members of the House, Address, Occupation and Politics," Galveston Daily News
, 1/5/1889, p. 2, crediting Abilene Library Consortium.
Portal to Texas History (University of North Texas Libraries)
Biographical Notes and Resources top
Resolutions and Journal entries
- 31st Legislature, R.S., 1/18/1909, p. 108. Birth date 10/19/1828, death date 1/25/1908.
Resolutions - Memorial.
- Biographical sketch, Travis S. Cockran, pp. 367-368. Born 10/28/1828 in Edgefield District, South Carolina, married Sarah A. Mainer in 1856.
Personnel of the Texas State Government with Sketches of Distinguished Texans, 21st Legislature, 1889.
- Biographical sketch and portrait, Hon. Trav. S. Cochran, pp. 248-251. Born in Edgefield, South Carolina, served in Company F, 4th Regiment of Texas Cavalry, Green's Brigade.
Texas, the Country and Its Men: Historical, Biographical, Descriptive, 1918.
Military Service Notes
- Confederate States Army, Company F, 4th Regiment, Texas Cavalry. Travis S. Cochran, full name Travis Spraggin Cochran, death date 1/25/1907 in Polk County, widow Mrs. T.S. Cochran, marriage date 12/16/1856 in Polk County. Pension File No. 29333, Alabama, Texas and Virginia, U.S., Confederate Pensions, 1884-1958.
- Confederate States Army, Corporal, Company F, 4th Regiment, Texas Cavalry. Military grave marker, T.S. Cochran and grave marker, Travis S. Cochran, birth date 10/18/1828, death date 1/25/1908, burial in Forest Hill Cemetery, Livingston, Polk County.
Find a Grave.
T.S. Cochran, 21st Legislature, State Preservation Board
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.