Rufus Burrow Lankford
Full Name: Rufus Burrow Lankford
Date of birth: August 19, 1838
Date of death: March 14, 1919
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 8, 1889 - Jan 13, 1891
Bowie / Montague
Biennial Report of the Secretary of State of the State of Texas: List of Senators and Representatives
R.B. Langford, Montague. Roster of Representatives of the 21st Legislature, "Twenty-First Legislature: Members of the House, Address, Occupation and Politics," Galveston Daily News
, 1/5/1889, p. 2, crediting Abilene Library Consortium.
Portal to Texas History (University of North Texas Libraries)
Biographical Notes and Resources top
- 21st Legislature (1889) - R.B. Lankford, postoffice Bowie, nativity Alabama, age 50 (born circa 1839), farmer, 20 years in Texas, Democrat.
Biennial Report of the Secretary of State of the State of Texas: List of Senators and Representatives.
- Rufus B. Lankford, marriage to Ann H. Hammack 2/16/1860 in DeKalb County, Alabama.
Census of 1870 - R.B. Langford, Lamar County, Texas, born circa 1838 in Alabama, living in household with A.H. Langford, female, age 26, and S.E. Langford, female, age 3.
Census of 1880 - Rufus Lankford, Montague County, Texas, age 41, born circa 1839 in Alabama, wife Anhaseltine, daughter Sarah E.
Census of 1900 - Rufus B. Lankford, Elk Township, Washita County, Okahoma, age 62, born August 1838 in Alabama, wife Ann H.
Census of 1910 - R.B. Lankford, Elk Township, Washita County, Oklahoma, age 71, born circa 1839 in Alabama, farmer, wife A.H.
Alabama County Marriages, 1809-1950
- Rufus Burrow Lankford, birth date 8/19/1838 in Ft. Payne, Alabama, death date 3/14/1919 in Hall, San Saba County, Texas, farmer.
FamilySearch Texas Deaths, 1890-1976.
- R.B. Lankford, birth date 8/19/1838, death date 3/14/1919, burial in Richland Springs Cemetery, San Saba County.
Find a Grave.
- "Charles Atchison married the only child of Capt. and Mrs. R.B. Lankford, while he was serving as representative from this county in Austin." "Mrs. E.R. Mangum's Grandparents Came to This County in June of 1872," The Bowie News (Bowie, Montague County), 7/24/1958, section 9, p. 7, crediting Bowie Public Library.
Portal to Texas History (University of North Texas Libraries).
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.