Robert Watson Thompson
Full Name: Robert Watson Thompson
Date of birth: December 12, 1842
Date of death: May 11, 1918
Biographical Notes and Resources top
- Portrait and biographical sketch, Robert Watson Thompson (Dr. Robert W. Thompson), pp. 294, 297. Born 12/12/1842 in Dallas County, Alabama, doctor, married Virginia A. Minton in 1872.
Personnel of the Texas State Government with Sketches of Distinguished Texans, 21st Legislature, 1889.
- Obituary, "Dr. R.W. Thompson Died Saturday," The Houston Post, 5/12/1918, p. 13. "He served two years as commissioner of Austin county, and was a member of the 21st Texas legislature . . . "
Portal to Texas History (University of North Texas Libraries).
Military Service Notes
- Robert Watson Thompson, birth date 12/12/1842 in Dallas County, Alabama, death date 5/11/1918 in Houston, burial in Bellville. Physician, father James Alexander Thompson, mother Jane Bethany.
FamilySearch Texas Deaths, 1890-1976.
- Dr. Robert Watson Thompson, birth date 12/12/1842, death date 5/11/1918, burial in Oak Knoll Cemetery, Bellville, Austin County.
Find a Grave.
- Robert W. Thompson, Democrat, physician, age 45 in 1889, born in Alabama.
Legislative Reference Library Card File.
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.