LRL Home - Legislators and Leaders - Texas Legislators: Past & Present - Member profile
Robert Valentine Bell
Full Name: Robert Valentine Bell
Date of birth: August 2, 1846
Date of death: March 20, 1927
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 11, 1887 - Jan 8, 1889
Gainesville / Cooke
GAINESVILLE, TX. County seat of Cooke County.
Handbook of Texas Online
R.V. Bell, Grayson County on first day of Regular Session. Committee appointments in 20th 1st Called Session, p. 17, list member as "Bell of Cooke."
. 20th 1st C.S.
Robert V. Bell, Gainesville, Grayson County [sic]
Members of the Texas Congress 1836-1845; Members of the Texas Legislature 1846-2004
Robert T. Bell, Gainesville. Roster of senators and representatives of the 20th Legislature with their postoffice address, Austin Weekly Statesman
, "Governmental," 12/30/1886, p. 6.
Portal to Texas History (University of North Texas Libraries)
Biographical Notes and Resources top
- Biographical sketch, Robert Valentine Bell, p. 108. Born 8/2/1846 in Rhea County, Tennessee.
Personnel of the Texas State Government with Sketches of Distinguished Texans, 20th Legislature, 1887.
- Obituary, "R.V. Bell, Pioneer Official of Cooke County, Is Dead," Denton Record-Chronicle, 3/22/1927, p. 6, crediting Denton Public Library. Death date Sunday, 3/20/1927. "Bell also served as flotorial representative of Cooke and Grayson Counties and as county judge of his home county."
Portal to Texas History (University of North Texas Libraries).
- Census of 1880 - R.V. Bell, Gainesville, Cooke County, age 32, born circa 1848 in Tennessee, lawyer, single.
Census of 1900 - Robt. V. Bell, Cooke County, age 54, born August 1846 in Tennessee, farmer, wife Callie.
Census of 1910 - Robert V. Bell, Gainesville, Cooke County, age 63, born circa 1847 in Tennessee, farmer, wife Callie P.
Census of 1920 - Robert V. Bell, Gainesville, Cooke County, age 73, born circa 1847 in Tennessee, farmer, wife Callie P.
- Robert V. Bell, birth date 8/2/1847 in Tennessee, death date 3/20/1927 in Gainesville, Cooke County, Texas; Past County Judge, Cooke County, Texas.
FamilySearch Texas Deaths, 1890-1976.
- R.V. Bell (1846-1927), burial in Fairview Cemetery, Gainesville, Cooke County.
Find a Grave.
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.