William Preston Bishop
Full Name: William Preston Bishop
Date of birth: August 19, 1841
Date of death: January 7, 1901
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 13, 1885 - Jan 11, 1887
Frankford / Collin
Biographical Notes and Resources top
- Biographical sketch, pp. 85-86. First married Mary McKamy, then Emma Simpson.
Biographical Souvenir of the State of Texas, Containing Biographical Sketches of the Representative Public, and Many Early Settled Families, 1889.
- Biographical sketch, W.P. Bishop, p. 11. Born in Hancock County, Tennessee, 44 years of age.
Personnel of the Texas State Government for 1885, 19th Legislature, 1885.
- Biographical sketch, Col. William P. Bishop, pp. 44-45, crediting the Dallas Genealogical Society.. Lindsley, Philip, A History of Greater Dallas and Vicinity, Volume 2, 1909, "served one term in the Texas legislature."
Portal to Texas History (University of North Texas Libraries).
Military Service Notes
- Confederate States Army, Colonel, 29th Regiment Tennessee Volunteers. Military grave marker, W.P. Bishop. William P. Bishop, birth date 8/19/1841, death date 1/7/1901, burial in Frankford Cemetery, Dallas, Collin County.
Find a Grave.
- William Preston Bishop, birth date 8/19/1841, death date 1/7/1901.
Texas Burial Sites of Civil War Notables: A Biographical and Pictorial Field Guide, 2002.
W.P. Bishop, 19th Legislature, State Preservation Board
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.