Henry Addington Gilpin
Full Name: Henry Addington Gilpin
Date of birth: May 13, 1808
Date of death: November 11, 1895
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 14, 1873 - Jan 13, 1874
Corpus Christi / Nueces
Atascosa, Cameron, Dimmit, Duval, El Paso, Frio, Hidalgo, Karnes, Kinney, La Salle, Live Oak, McMullen, Maverick, Medina, Nueces, Presidio, Starr, Uvalde, Webb, Zapata, Zavala, Encinal
Biographical Notes and Resources top
- "Henry Gilpin, Early County Judge, Left Some Loose Ends," 5/30/2012. Henry Addington Gilpin, death date 11/11/1895. "In 1873, Gilpin was elected to the Texas House for a district that covered 22 counties and ran from Corpus Christi to Brownsville, Laredo to El Paso."
Corpus Christi Caller-Times.
- Henry A. Gilpin, birth 1808, death date November 1895 (11/11/1898 on grave marker). Biographical sketches, obituary, grave marker photo, interment in Old Bayview Cemetery, Corpus Christi, Nueces County.
Corpus Christi Public Libraries.
Military Service Notes
- Confederate States Army, Captain Assistant Quartermaster, 8th Texas Infantry. Military grave marker, Henry A. Gilpin, born 1808, death date 11/11/1898, reprint of obituary from Beeville Weekly Picayune 11/14/1895, burial in Old Bayview Cemetery, Corpus Christi, Nueces County.
Find a Grave.
- Henry Addington Gilpin, birth date 5/13/1808 in Newport, Rhode Island, parents John Bernard Gilpin and Mary Elizabeth (Miller) Gilpin. Rhode Island and Pawtucket, Massachusetts, U.S., Birth Index, 1800-1855; Rhode Island, U.S., Vital Extracts, 1636-1899.
- H.A. Gilpin, Corpus Christi, age 65, born in Rhode Island, stock-raiser.
Directory of the Members of the Thirteenth Legislature of the State of Texas, 1873.
- Census of 1870 - Henry A. Gilpin, Corpus Christi, Nueces County, age 62, born circa 1808 in Rhode Island, stock raiser.
Henry Gilpin, 13th Legislature, DeGolyer Library, SMU, Lawrence T. Jones III Collection.
Henry Gilpin, 13th Legislature, State Preservation Board
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.