House Committee on Financial Institutions - 75th R.S. (1997)
- Conduct active oversight of the agencies under the committee's jurisdiction.
- Review the fees charged and availability of automated teller machines (ATM's).
- Study the effects of the state opting into, or remaining out of, the federal interstate banking system under the Riegle-Neal Act. Include a detailed review of the potential franchise tax impact, if interstate branch banking is permitted in Texas.
- Monitor federal banking reform initiatives to see that state interests in the regulation of financial institutions and insurance companies are protected. (Joint with the House Committee on Insurance)
- Subject to passage of the constitutional amendment, monitor actions of the lending industry, the Finance Commission, and the Office of Consumer Credit to implement home equity lending.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.