House Committee on Public Health - 75th R.S. (1997)
- Review the Indigent Health Care Act of 1985 for possible updating. (Joint charge with House Committee on County Affairs)
- Review the Indigent Health Care Act of 1985 for possible updating. (Joint charge with House Committee on County affairs)
- Study the effects of cardiovascular disease in Texas and assess the potential to reduce the health, social, and economic impacts through affirmative programs on prevention, care, and treatment.
- Evaluate the educational and regulatory mechanisms currently in place to protect consumers from food-borne illnesses transmitted through the retail food distribution systems.
- Monitor the implementation of HB 3 75th R.S., (Texas Healthy Kids Corporation), and study the provisions of the federal Balanced Budget Act that relate to children's health.
- Conduct active oversight of agencies under the committee's jurisdiction.
- Supplemental charge: review all options available to Texas regarding the Children's Health Insurance Program and give specific policy direction as the plan is formally developed.
Ciro Rodriguez (Member) resigned 4/17/1997. Hugo Berlanga (Chair) and John Hirschi (Vice-Chair) resigned 5/12/1998. John Hirschi (Chair) and Jaime Capelo (Member) appointed 5/13/1998. Carlos Uresti (Member) appointed 7/7/1997.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.