House Committee on State, Federal and International Relations - 75th R.S. (1997)
- Study the need to enhance protection for cemeteries, especially those that may be unknown or unmarked. Consider the effects on landowners of current laws and any proposed changes.
- Consider whether there is a need and a way to restrain the growth of official state symbols and resolutions. Review current lists to determine whether revision is desirable.
- Actively monitor activities of the Records Management Inter-Agency Coordination Council to develop recommendations regarding electronic records.
- Monitor the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department's efforts to implement the recommendations contained in the KPMG Peat Marwick review of the states's historical structures, sites, and parks, including all measures to improve the maintenance, operational support, and promotion of the facilities. (Joint with the House Committee on State Recreational Resources)
- Conduct active oversight of agencies under the committee's jurisdiction.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.