House Committee on State Affairs - 67th R.S. (1981)
- D.R. 'Tom' Uher, Chair
- Bill Ceverha, Vice Chair
- W.J. 'Bill' Blythe, Jr., Chair - Budget & Oversight
- Gerald Geistweidt, Chair - Budget & Oversight
- Bill Blanton
- Elton Bomer
- Paul Elizondo
- Milton E. Fox
- Smith Gilley
- Anita Hill
- Neal T. "Buddy" Jones
- Frank Madla
- George Pierce
- Paul Ragsdale
- Terral R. Smith
- Oversight functions shall be conducted for all appropriations-related actions of those agencies assigned to this committee for appropriative purposes during the 67th Regular Session of the Legislature. Close scrutiny should be given to each agency to ascertain if legislative intent is being carried out in the rules promulgated by the agency and if the rules are feasible and practical in their application.
- Study the problem of animal abuse with specific emphasis on the care and treatment of animals in kennels and boarding or riding stables and the occurrences of dog fighting in the state.
- Examine the attitudes and feelings of Texans with regard to ticket scalping. Make recommendations to the 68th Legislature.
- Monitor the implementation and effectiveness of the energy conservation measures for state buildings in the capitol complex.
- Investigate various incentive plans to encourage state employees to submit suggestions on ways to improve the efficiency of state government.
- Conduct a general overview of state agencies to determine if the plain language policy as adopted by the 67th Legislature is being followed.
- Study the historical statutes and guidelines of the Parks and Wildlife Department, the Texas Historical Commission and the Texas Antiquities Committee to determine if clarifying changes are needed.
- Study the current safety regulations for amusement rides and determine if additional regulations are necessary.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.