Senate Committee on Jurisprudence - 65th R.S. (1977)
- Study the advisability of establishing community-based programs and facilities in this state as an additional alternative to incarceration in the state prison.
- Study, assess, and evaluate the dangers posed by railroad grade crossings.
- Conduct a study of product safety and liability problems in the State of Texas.
- Study the court administration in Texas. Recommend ways to make the court system more efficient and effective.*
- Study the adequacy of current laws to prevent the abuse of power by peace officers.*
* This represents an abstract of the report contents. Charge text is incomplete or unavailable.
The railroad crossing charge is from SR 793, 65th Legislature, Regular Session. The product liability charge is from SR 796, 65th Legislature, Regular Session. The community-based corrections charge is from SR 124, 65th Legislature, 2nd Called Session.
Don Adams (Member) resigned 12/31/1977.
Max Sherman (Member) resigned 9/2/1977.
Bob Price (Member) appointed January 30, 1978. (Press Release from Bill Hobby, Lieutenant Governor of Texas, January 30, 1978. See Senate Press Memos & Appts. 1977-78, L1803.1 P926 1977-78.)
Roy Blake (Member) appointed March 15, 1978. (Press Release from Bill Hobby, Lieutenant Governor of Texas, March 15, 1978. See Senate Press Memos & Appts. 1977-78, L1803.1 P926 1977-78.)
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.