House Committee on Transportation - 66th R.S. (1979)
- Oversight functions shall be conducted for all appropriations-related actions of those agencies assigned to this committee for appropriative purposes during the 66th Regular Session of the Legislature. Procedures suggested for this purpose during the last interim are recommended. The agencies include: Civil Air Patrol Commission; Texas Railroad Commission (partial); Department of Public Safety (partial - Traffic Law Enforcement Division); Department of Highways and Public Transportation; Texas Aeronautics Commission; Texas Motor Vehicle Commission; Texas Transportation Institute.
- Examine the present uses of the State Highway and Public Transportation Commission's Public Mass Transit Fund and explore incentives that will encourage cities to develop systems and programs through the use of these monies.
- Evaluate the design plan for implementing the State Airport Development Fund administered by the Texas Aeronautics Commission.
- Review the administration of highway contract construction funds and suggest ways to expedite utilization of these funds.
- Determine the extent to which the economy and public safety of Texas citizens are affected by litter and spills from trucks and other motor vehicles operating on Texas highways.
- Study the railroad crossing situation in Texas to determine the jurisdiction over railroad crossing safety.
- Study the merits and demerits of deregulation of the trucking industry in terms of both interstate and intrastate implications.
- Examine light rail transportation systems and their possible use in the major metropolitan areas of Texas.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.