House Committee on Cultural and Historical Resources - 72nd R.S. (1991)
- Monitor and oversee legislation enacted during the 72nd Regular and Special Called Sessions that was considered by the Cultural and Historical Committee; Performance Audit Review Recommendations; and any agency-initiated changes.
Carry out budget and oversight responsibilities for all agencies, boards, and commissions listed in Rule 3, Section 8.
A. Monitor and oversee documenation of salary increases.
B. Verify the number and status of outcomes and outputs as identified in the Appropriations Bill (HB 1, 72nd Legislature, 1st Called Session).
C. Review agencies' existing performance standards and determine whether new standards are needed.
- Consider the various sources of revenue for the arts, including the possibility of an endowment for the arts.
- Continue the examination of the restructuring and reorganization of the Texas Commission on the Arts.
- Consider the sources of funding for the Historical Preservation Trust Fund at the Texas Historical Commission.
- Consider the reorganization of the Texas Historical Commission.
- Analyze the new federal law giving states authority over historical shipwrecks; and work with the Texas Antiquities Committee to develop a plan for the preservation and management of these historical shipwrecks.
House Journal committee appointments, 72nd Legislature show "District 51," "District 65," and "District 126" appointed. These seats were later filled by Glen Maxey (District 51, sworn 3/6/1991 and appointed to committee 3/7/1991), Bob Turner (District 65, sworn 3/6/1991 and appointed to committee 3/7/1991) and Peggy Hamric (District 126, sworn 3/14/1991 and appointed to committee 3/27/1991).
1st C.S.: Bob Glaze (Member) resigned and Brian McCall (Member) appointed, 7/19/1991.
No report was issued.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.