House Committee on Judiciary - 64th R.S. (1975)
- Study the methods and levels of compensation of district and criminal district attorneys, and of the funding of prosecutor offices across the state. Seek methods to improve the quality and effectiveness of prosecution in Texas.*
- Study the cost of the judiciary, the staffing and court facilities of trial courts, court reporters and the preparation of transcripts, and the manner in which the need for additional courts and judges can be determined.*
- Study the Texas workers compensation system. Investigate the potential for abuse of the system. Review the nature and level of benefits provided to injured workers, and the reasons for the exclusion of certain categories of workers from the system. Compare the Texas program with the national standards established by the National Commission on State Workmen's Compensation Laws.*
- Review the Texas Family Code.*
* This represents an abstract of the report contents. Charge text is incomplete or unavailable.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.