House Committee on Social Services - 65th R.S. (1977)
Oversight responsibilities of agency expenditures and related transactions. This function shall encompass a review and monitoring of all appropriations-related actions of those agencies assigned to this committee for appropriative purposes during the 65th Regular Session of the Legislature, to wit:
Commission on Alcoholism
Commission for the Blind
Commission for the Deaf
Texas Rehabilitation Commission
Texas Youth Council
Department of Corrections
Commission on Jail Standards
Governor Committee on Visually Handicapped
- A study of the necessity for a statewide program for the detection of childhood communication disorders, including extensive screening efforts among the students of public schools and children from birth to school age.
- A study of the impact of parental involvement in agencies providing services to children including the ramifications of agency serving and assisting children in their own homes, thereby reducing the length of time a child would need direct service from an agency.
- A study of the adequacy and administration of state services for multihandicapped citizens and recommendations for meeting effectively the special needs of these citizens.
- A review of the feasibility of the Texas Department of Corrections buying the Harris County Rehabilitation Center for use as a community based correctional facility.
- A study of the effect of overcrowding in the Texas Department of Corrections including a review of the general scope of common problem areas related to overcrowding.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.