House Committee on Public Education - 74th R.S. (1995)
- Monitor implementation and effects of the recodification of the Education Code by the 74th Legislature.
- Study the possibility of providing incentive pay to teachers in inner-city and low-performing districts.
- Review the accuracy of the key accountability and reporting systems used by state leaders to assess and assure school performance.
- Assess the extent to which authority for key decisions is devolving to the local level and the extent to which local policy-makers are exercising options to innovate.
- Conduct active oversight of agencies under the committee's jurisdiction.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.