House Committee on State, Federal, and International Relations - 72nd R.S. (1991)
- Monitor and oversee legislation enacted during the 72nd Regular and Special Called Sessions that was considered by the Committee on State, Federal and International Relations; Performance Audit Review Recommendations; and any agency-initiated changes.
Carry out budget and oversight responsibilities for all agencies, boards, and commissions listed in Rule 3, Section 33.
A. Monitor and oversee documentation of salary increases.
B. Verify the number and status of outcomes and outputs as identified in the Appropriations Bill (HB 1, 72nd Legislature, 1st Called Session).
C. Review agencies' existing performance standards and determine whether new standards are needed.
- Study the impact of the North American Free Trade Agreement on Texas, including issues relating to health and environment along the Texas-Mexico border, in cooperation with other appropriate committees.
- Study economic reform programs in Africa and the potential trade opportunities for Texas businesses.
- Study direct international airline flights to and from Texas for the benefit of Texas trade and commerce.
- Evaluate the performance of the State of Texas foreign offices.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.