House Committee on Urban Affairs - 71st R.S. (1989)
- To monitor all activities and to have budget oversight responsibilities for those agencies, boards and commissions as listed in Rule 3, Section 35.
- To study the implementation of HB 1567, 71st Legislature, Regular Session, authorizing local governments to establish stormwater drainage utilities funded by user fees.
- To study the implementation for pari-mutuel wagering on horse racing and greyhound racing in Texas.
- To study telephone solicitation associated with fund raising organizations (joint study with Public Safety Committee).
- To study firemen's and policemen's municipal civil service.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.