Environment, Interim - 72nd R.S. (1991)
- Examine the use of funds appropriated for environmental purposes by SB 2, 72nd Legislature, 1st Called Session and HB 1, 72nd Legislature, 1st Called Session;
- Study and monitor the implementation of water and wastewater regulations, including administrative initiatives as well as statutory requirements.
- Study environmental issues specific to the Texas-Mexico border region and the potential impact of the proposed free trade agreement between the two nations.
- Study issues and identify policy considerations relating to non-point source agricultural water pollution.
- Verify the number and status of outputs and outcomes identified in HB 1, 72nd Legislature, 1st Called Session, and otherwise determine whether programs that are the focus of study are functioning as planned.
- Identify and review agencies' existing performance standards and determine whether the agencies have met, exceeded or failed to meet those standards;
- Verify the number of employees in each program that is the focus of study, and monitor and oversee documentation of all agency salary actions, including position reclassifications, merit salary increases and other salary increases resulting from legislative of agency-initiated action.
- Monitor implementation of sunset legislation.
- Identify specific goals the state must attain by the year 2000 and biennial goals that must be achieved until that time.
- The committee shall coordinate its activities with those of the Natural Resources and Consolidation Study established by SB 2, 72nd Legislature, 1st Called Session, and work in conjunction with that study in areas of common responsibility.
- The committee shall monitor and oversee legislation enacted during the 72nd Regular and special Called Sessions that was considered by the standing Senate Natural Resources and House Natural Resources and Environmental Affairs Committees including legislative mandates; all performance audit review recommendations, adopted or not, and any agency-initiated changes.
Appointed by the Speaker and the Lieutenant Governor on 9/27/1991. Lieutenant Governor Bob Bullock Appointments 1991-1999, L1803.1 P926A 1991-1999.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.