House Committee on Environmental Affairs - 70th R.S. (1987)
- To monitor all activities and have budget oversight responsibilities for those agencies, boards, and commissions as listed in Rule 3, Section 11.
- To study the development of long-range programs for the disposal of municipal solid waste and sludge.
- To study the state-wide coordinating programs for the location and operation of hazardous waste disposal sites.
- To study the development of criteria for disposing of radioactive mill tailings.
- To study the interstate compacts for the handling of low-level radioactive waste.
- To study the acquisition of wetlands and other conservation areas.
- To study the effectiveness of Parks and Wildlife Fund 9.
- To study the feasibility of converting drilling rigs to fish reefs.
- To study methods to increase tourism through the coordination of public and private parks and recreational facilities throughout the state.
- To study the state's role and ability in responding to transportation incidents with toxicological implications. (Joint study with House Committee on Transportation).
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.