House Committee on Public Health - 70th R.S. (1987)
- To monitor all activities and have budget oversight responsibilities for those agencies, boards, and commissions as listed in Rule 3, Section 26.
- To study the efficiency and economy of the regional boundaries of human service agencies. (Joint study with House Committee on Human Services).
- To study the resources and recovery of solid waste.
- To study the feasibility and public necessity of regulation of medical laboratories.
- To study the incidence of cancer among minorities.
- To study and evaluate the county indigent health programs resulting from the Indigent Health Care and Treatment Act and develop recommendations for any necessary revisions. (Joint study with House Committee on County Affairs).
- To study vocational services for mentally retarded persons.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.