House Committee on State Affairs - 79th R.S. (2005)
- Monitor agencies and programs under the committee's jurisdiction, including identifying possible ways to merge or streamline agency functions to produce long-term financial benefits to the state and better efficiency of the agencies.
- Examine scientific advances made on stem cell research.
- Monitor rule making of parental consent for the performance of an abortion.
- Study the problem of identity theft, and recommend any legislative changes needed to combat the problem. (Joint interim charge with the House Committee on Business and Industry)
- Examine the compliance of cigarette manufacturing companies with the 1998 Tobacco Settlement with reference to sales to minors, and the progress toward meeting the state's tobacco use goals and the cost of tobacco use to the state. (Joint interim charge with the House Committee on Public Health)
- Review and consider all issues involved with a pharmacist refusal to dispense a drug.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.