House Committee on State Affairs - 69th R.S. (1985)
- Examine conditions and practices in the kennel industry and determine if there is a need for state regulation of the industry.
- Examine conditions in the locksmiths' industry to determine if state licensing or registration of locksmiths would improve the safety and welfare of the public, including potential deterrents to certain types of crime.
- To study the feasibility of authorizing the State Purchasing and General Services Commission to establish a fund to equalize lease costs among state agencies, and to determine the feasibility of funding such a program with proceeds from the lease of space in state office buildings to private entities.
- To study issues related to state employees, including the grievance procedures, limiting the number of state employees and layoff and recall procedures in conjunction with the Committee on Labor and Employment Relations.
- Examine conditions in the townhome and condominium development, sales and conversion industry to determine if current law should be revised to resolve problems of consumers, builders, title companies, insurance companies, sales companies and others affected by the industry.
- Monitor activities of the Asset Management Division of the General Land Office created by the 69th Legislature to determine the need for statutory changes in the Divisions's duties and responsibilities.
- Monitor all activites and have budget and oversight responsibilities for those agencies, boards and commissions as listed in Rule 3, Section 30.
Gary Thompson resigned 6/2/1986. Bob Hunter appointed August 1986. (Press Release, Gibson D (Gib) Lewis, Speaker of the Texas House of Representatives, August 21, 1986. See House Speaker Lewis Appointments, L1801.1 P926a 1985-92 3.)
Regular Session, committee appointed by Speaker 1/17/1985: James E. "Pete" Laney (Chair), Patricia Hill (Vice Chair), David Cain, John J. Gavin, Smith Gilley, Lena Guerrero, Ray Keller, Bill Messer, Nicolas Perez, Randall H. Riley, Richard A. Smith, Mark Stiles, Gary Thompson.
2nd C.S., committee appointed by Speaker 8/26/1986: James E. "Pete" Laney (Chair), Patricia Hill (Vice Chair), David Cain, John J. Gavin, Smith Gilley, Lena Guerrero, Bob Hunter, Ray Keller, Nicolas Perez, Randall H. Riley, Robert Saunders, Richard A. Smith.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.