House Committee on Elections - 68th R.S. (1983)
- To monitor all activities and have budget oversight responsibilities for those agencies, boards and commissions as listed in Rule 3, Section 8.
- To study the recent extension of the federal Voting Rights Act and the effect on elections in Texas.
- To review the administration, financing and organizations of voter registration and voter outreach.
- To study the implementation of mandatory joint elections for political subdivisions and the possibility of uniform election dates.
- To study the procedure for restoring voting rights to persons previously convicted of a felony.
- To monitor the implementation of the Secretary of State Election Night Returns (SSENR) system.*
- To oversee the Election Central Advisory Task Force.
* This represents an abstract of the report contents. Charge text is incomplete or unavailable.
Gerald Hill (Member) resigned 1/2/1984.
Russ Tidwell (Member) appointed 5/15/1984. (Press Release, Speaker of the House Gibson D. (Gib) Lewis, May 15, 1984. See House Speaker Lewis Appointments, L1801.1 P926a 1985-92 2.)
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.