House Committee on Financial Institutions - 68th R.S. (1983)
- To monitor all activities and have budget oversight responsibilities for those agencies, boards and commissions as listed in Rule 3, Section 11.
- To study the effect on the Texas economy of interstate banking and the rise of financial service conglomerates.
- To study state law regarding electronic fund transfer systems and the effect thereof on the Texas economy.
- To review lending business practices regarding foreclosure, setoff, and other self-help remedies, and the laws and regulations governing such practices.
- To review the costs and benefits associated with escrow accounts held by financial institutions.
- To review the feasibility and need of rule-making authority for the Consumer Credit Commission.
- To review the feasibility of investment of state funds using a depository trust company for the facilitation of transfer of ownership interest.
- To review the possibility and effect of deregulation of interest rates for various loans.
- To review the operation of the bond business as conducted in state administrative agencies.
- To review the business activities of subsidiary corporations and financial institutions and the laws and regulations relative thereto.
- To review the feasibility of investment of state funds held by the Treasury in commercial papers.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.