House Committee on Energy - 68th R.S. (1983)
- To monitor all activities and have budget oversight responsibilities for those agencies, boards and commissions as listed in Rule 3, Section 9.
- To study the advantage of mandatory release of certain electric well logs made in conjunction with oil and gas exploration activities.
- In cooperation with state and federal authorities and the Special House-Senate Joint Committee on Hazardous Waste, study future proposals of the National Waste Terminal Storage Program and the progress of the Department of Energy's other activities that relate to Texas' role in high-level waste disposal operations.
- To study the background on the receipt and expenditure of Department of Energy oil overcharge money forwarded to the State of Texas and make appropriate recommendations.
- To study operations relating to seismographic testing on the right-of-way of county roads or other public highways.
- To study the concept of inverted block pricing structures as they relate to public utilities in Texas.
- To monitor the effect of changes included in rules, procedures and regulations of HB 593, 68th R.S., the continuation of the Texas Railroad Commission as passed in the 68th Session of the Texas Legislature.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.