Claud Caldwell Westerfeld
Full Name: Claud Caldwell Westerfeld
Date of birth: June 10, 1882
Date of death: July 3, 1954
Terms of Service top
45th Legislature - Senate President Pro Tempore, Ad Interim R.S., elected 5/22/1937.
45th Legislature - Roll Call of Senators, holdover Senators "who were Members of the Forty-fourth Legislature and whose terms of office continue for the duration of the Forty-fifth Legislature," 1/12/1937, pp. 1-2.
44th Legislature - Roll Call of New Senators and Certificate of New Senators, oath of office administered, 1/8/1935, p. 1.
Biographical Notes and Resources top
- Memorial, October 1954, p. 624. Birth date 6/10/1882, death date 7/2/1954.
Texas Bar Journal.
- Obituary, "Former State Senator, Claud C. Westerfeld, Dies," 7/4/1954.
Dallas Morning News.
- Claud Caldwell Westerfeld, birth date 6/10/1882 in Hays County, death date 7/3/1954 in Dallas, Dallas County, attorney at law.
FamilySearch Texas Deaths, 1890-1976.
- Claude C. Westerfeld, birth date 6/10/1882, death date 7/3/1954, burial in Grove Hill Memorial Park, Dallas.
Find a Grave.
- Discussion of Westerfeld's opposition to Sarah T. Hughes' judicial appointment, Westerfeld congressional race in 1936, pp. 77-83, 87, 92-93. LRL collection, 923.2764 H874P 2004.
Indomitable Sarah: The Life of Judge Sarah T. Hughes, 2004.
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.