Phidello William Hall
Full Name: Phidello William Hall
Date of birth: March 8, 1838
Date of death: May 11, 1888
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Feb 8, 1870 - Jan 13, 1874
Calvert / Robertson
Freestone, Leon, Robertson
Entire Senate went up for reelection due to Senatorial redistricting. Act passed Apr. 24, 1873 [presented to Governor May 1, 1873 and became law without his signature], 13th Legislature, R.S., ch. 35,
Apportionment Laws of Texas, 1836-1950
Directory of the Members of the Thirteenth Legislature of the State of Texas
"Returning radicals [to the 13th Legislature] were Thomas H. Baker, Webster Flanagan, S.W. Ford, Albert J. Fountain, Matthew Gaines, Phidello W. Hall, Henry Rawson, George T. Ruby, William A. Saylor, and Robert P. Tendick," p. 145.
The Texas Senate: Volume II, Civil War to the Eve of Reform, 1861-1889
12th Legislature, 1st C.S. - Drawing for Terms of Office, 5/2/1870, pp. 51-52. Drew 6-year term.
Party affiliation, Radical. Roster of members, 12th Legislature, 1870.
Texas Almanac for . . . and Emigrant's Guide to Texas
Biographical Notes and Resources top
Military Service Notes
- United States Army, 1st Lieutenant, 11th Kearney [Kentucky] Cavalry, Company L, 1 year of service, discharged 5/15/1865. Fidello W. Hall, deceased, Precincts 7-3-6, Callahan County, death date before 1890. 1890 Veterans Schedules of the U.S. Federal Census; Texas, U.S., Compiled Census and Census Substitutes Index, 1820-1890.
- Phidello William Hall, born 1838 in Barren County, Cave City, Kentucky, first marriage to Corine Vansickles 12/21/1864 in Kentucky, second marriage to Sallie Glasscock 3/27/1873 in Calvert, Robertson County, Texas; death date 5/11/1888 in Cottonwood, Callahan County, Texas. Phidello W. Hall appointed postmaster of Calvert, Robertson County, 4/8/1869, 4/18/1870, 7/11/1870, and 7/5/1872. AF Jones Family Tree; Family Data Collection - Individual Records; U.S., Appointments of U.S. Postmasters, 1832-1971.
- Phidello W. Hall, marriage to Corine Vansickes 12/21/1864 in Jefferson County, Kentucky.
Census of 1870 - P.W. Hall, Austin, Travis County, age 32, born circa 1838 in Kentucky, lawyer, spouse Coriana.
Phidillo W. Hall, marriage to Sallie J. Glasscock 3/27/1873 in Robertson County, Texas.
Kentucky Marriages, 1785-1979
Texas Marriages, 1837-1973
Texas, County Marriage Records, 1837-1965
- P.W. Hall, death date 5/11/1888, burial in Old Cottonwood Cemetery, Cottonwood, Callahan County.
Find a Grave.
- Description of the gubernatorial election of 1869, including charges of voter fraud and intimidation in Robertson County, Texas, pp. 141-146, Counterfeit Justice: The Judicial Odyssey of Texas Freedwoman Azeline Hearne.
P.W. Hall, 13th Legislature, State Preservation Board
P.W. Hall, 13th Legislature, DeGolyer Library, SMU, Lawrence T. Jones III Collection.
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.