LRL Home - Committees - Committee overview
Committee on Economic Development Incentives, Select - 83rd R.S. (2013)
The committee shall perform a study of the use and effectiveness of economic development incentive programs in Texas. In performing this study, the committee shall:
- Determine the types or categories of economic development projects that provide the greatest
benefit to the state. Make recommendations where appropriate to focus on or target the types
or categories of economic development projects that provide the greatest long-term benefit to
- Catalog and evaluate economic development incentive grants awarded at the State level and
assess their relative success, recognizing adjustments or modifications made to the initial
criteria outlined in the award contracts.
- Examine the agencies administering economic development incentive programs and make
recommendations where consolidating or moving functions improves efficiency.
- Identify any problems in coordination between state and local economic development entities.
Make recommendations to improve coordination where beneficial.
- Review best practices of economic development incentive programs and make
recommendations on changes to existing programs where appropriate.
Established under Rule 1, Section 16 (Proclamation, Speaker Joe Straus, 6/20/2014).
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.