House Committee on Employment Practices - 66th R.S. (1979)
- Review all aspects of the worker's compensation law including: coverage, weekly payments for temporary total disability. benefits for permanent disability, administrative rules, penalties to insure that the responsibilities of the law are fulfilled, the feasibility of self-insurance, and other related matters. These efforts should be coordinated with the Committee on Insurance.
- Monitor the organizational activities of the State Pension Review Board.
- Review the administration of the Crime Victims Compensation Act. Study fine collection and claims processing and make recommendations for improvement. Summarize federal legislation on crime victims compensation. *
- Oversight activities shall be conducted for all appropriations-related actions of those agencies assigned to this committee for appropriative purposes during the 66th Regular Session of the Legislature. Procedures suggested for this purpose during the last interim are recommended. The agencies include: Texas Employment Commission, Merit System Council, Texas Department of Labor and Standards, Industrial Accident Board, State Pension Review Board, and Office of the Attorney General - Worker's Compensation.
- Study the relationship between the numbers of Social Security and worker's compensation beneficiaries to determine if a formula could be devised to use both programs in providing benefits.
- Study the relationship between the numbers of unemployed, Unemployment Insurance recipients, and recipients of A.F.D.C. and Food Stamps.
- Monitor the activities of the Industrial Accident Board with regard to the implementation of the Crime Victims Compensation Act.
* This represents an abstract of the report contents. Charge text is incomplete or unavailable.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.