House Committee on Financial Institutions - 72nd R.S. (1991)
- Monitor and oversee legislation enacted during the 72nd Regular and Special Called Sessions that was considered by the Financial Institutions Committee; Performance Audit Review Recommendations; and any agency-initiated changes.
Carry out budget and oversight responsibilities for all agencies, boards, and commissions listed in Rule 3, Section 12.
A. Monitor and oversee documentation of salary increases.
B. Verify the number and status of outcomes and outputs as identified in the Appropriations Bill (HB 1, 72nd Legislature, 1st Called Session).
C. Review agencies' existing performance standards and determine whether new standards are needed.
- Study the limitation of punitive or exemplary damages against banks as lenders.
- Study the creation of limited banking associations.
- Study federally mandated interstate branching and its potential impact of deposit concentration and deployment on Texas communities and on the Texas economy in general.
- Study the creation of state savings banks in Texas.
- Study the withdrawal of funds collected on contracts for prepaid funeral benefits.
- Study the routing of ATM transactions.
- Study the establishment of a branch call report requirement for Texas banks.
- Study the regulation of the check cashing business.
- Study reform of Texas' usury laws.
- Study revision of the Texas Consumer Credit Code.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.