Senate Committee on International Relations, Trade and Technology - 74th R.S. (1995)
- Monitor the enforcement of HB 1001 74th R.S., the colonias bill, and identify any provisions that need to be clarified or strengthened.
- Assess the progress of the Texas Water Development Board's "economically distressed areas program" with regards to the number of applications received and the number of water and waste water projects actually implemented in the colonias.
- Assess the effect of NAFTA on Texas' infrastructure including transportation, housing, education and the environment, with special attention to its impact along the Texas/Mexico border.
- Monitor implementation of, and make recommendations for any needed changes in, legislation passed by the 74th Legislature to address the problems of colonias, specifically SB 336 74th R.S., SB 1509 74th R.S., and HB 2726 74th R.S..
- Study and make recommendations regarding methods and programs to expand international trade, with particular focus on the use of technology.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.