House Committee on Agriculture and Livestock - 70th R.S. (1987)
- To study the feasibility of creating rural or agricultural enterprise zones in Texas.
- To study the certification of animal reproduction technicians.
- To monitor all activities and have budget oversight responsibilities for those agencies, boards and commissions as listed in Rule 3, Section 3.
- Contingent upon the passage of Constitutional Amendment No. 1, to study the implementation of a self-insurance pool for grain elevators.
- To study kenaf, an alternative crop for Texas that is used to make paper products.
- To study the Texas wine industry and submit statutory modifications to the 71st Legislature which would promote the growth and marketing of wine produced in Texas.
- To study the effect of transportation costs on Texas agricultural products.
Steve Carriker (Member) elected to Senate, sworn 8/25/1988. Larry Don Shaw (Member) moved from district 8/12/1988.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.