House Committee on Urban Affairs - 70th R.S. (1987)
- To monitor all activities and have budget oversight responsibilities for those agencies, boards and commissions as listed in Rule 3, Section 33.
- To study the implementation of the Texas Racing Act and establishment of the Texas Racing Commission.
- To study the generation of revenue by means of a state lottery.
- To study whether the rules of the House of Representatives should require the Legislative Budget Board to estimate the fiscal impact of bills to local governments, even if only one unit of local government is effected.
- To study legislation relating to the authority of the Texas Housing Agency to issue bonds secured by the reserve fund and prescribing procedures for restoration of depletions of the reserve fund.
- To study state mandates to local governments.
Kae Patrick (Member) resigned 2/1/1988. Jeff Wentworth (Member) appointed June 1988. (Press Release, Speaker of the House Gibson D. (Gib) Lewis, June 29, 1988. See House Speaker Lewis Appointments, L1801.1 P926a 1985-92 2.)
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.