House Committee on Business and Commerce - 68th R.S. (1983)
- To monitor all activities and have budget oversight responsibilities for those agencies, boards and commissions as listed in Rule 3, Section 3.
- To examine current laws and proposed measures from the 68th Session dealing with the sale of health spa memberships and resort time-share vacations to determine if Texas consumers need additional protection.
- To study the level and type of public and tax-exempt debt in Texas compared to other state and the manner in which these programs are authorized and created.
- To consider the changing nature of the Texas economy and whether current economic development activities are responsive to technological changes. Specifically look at export development and whether the Export Development Act of 1982 contains opportunities for action by the State of Texas.
- To consider whether Texas' Workers' Compensation Program should include rehabilitative services.
- To study the state's role in the development and attraction of higher technology industry to Texas.
Betty Denton is listed as a committee member in Index to Interim Committees from the 67th & 68th Legislatures, however, her name does not appear in the report and she is not listed as a member in the press release issued by Speaker Gib Lewis dated April 5, 1985.
Neeley Lewis (Member) appointed by the Speaker. (Press Release, Speaker of the House Gibson D. (Gib) Lewis, April 5, 1984. See House Speaker Lewis Appointments, L1801.1 P926a 1985-92 2.)
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.