House Committee on Judiciary - 68th R.S. (1983)
- To monitor all activities and have budget oversight responsibilities for those agencies, boards and commissions as listed in Rule 3, Section 18.
- To study the necessity and desirability of revising Title 3 of the Family Code to conform with the federal Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention Act.
- To study the adversarial system of adjudicating divorce and related issues, and possible available alternatives to that system.
- To study the organization, administration, and procedures of the Office of the Attorney General.
- To study the funding, procedures, and processes of the Board of Law Examiners, and a review of the qualifications necessary for admittance to the State Bar.
- To study the necessity and desirability of allowing prejudgment interest in civil suits.
Matt Garcia (Chair - Budget and Oversight) died 10/01/1983.
Betty Denton appointed Chair - Budget and Oversight 11/03/1983. (Press Release issued by Gibson D. (Gib) Lewis, Speaker of the Texas House of Representatives, November 3 ,1983. See House Speaker Lewis Appointments, L1801.1 P926a 1985-92 3.)
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.