House Committee on Natural Resources - 69th R.S. (1985)
- To study and analyze the effectiveness of techniques employed in promoting the constitutional propositions of HJR 6, 69th R.S., and the concerns of the electorate when voting on major water legislation.
- To study the effectiveness of the pilot agricultural loan program.
- To study the effectiveness of the bond insurance program.
- To study and recommend enabling legislation for an agricultural loan program if the Texas Agricultural Water Conservation Bonds approved by HJR 6, 69th R.S., are approved by the electorate.
- To study the availability of measures to reduce reservoir construction costs to the state and in particular the advisability of enacting legislation to defease outstanding water development bonds.
- To study the need for, and the provisions that should be included in, legislation requiring certification of water and waste analysis.
- To study the availability of water for future appropriation in major basins of the state in light of the Texas Supreme Court's decision in No. C-1620.
- To study the need to define "unappropriated water" and to amend other statutes pertaining to water rights.
A press release dated October 2, 1986 states that Larry Don Shaw (Vice Chair) resigned his membership on the Committee, and Rene Oliveira was appointed to the committee. (Press Release, Gibson D (Gib) Lewis, Speaker of the Texas House of Representatives, 10/2/1986. See House Speaker Lewis Appointments, L1801.1 P926a 1985-92 2.)
2nd C.S.: No change in committee appointments, 8/26/1986.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.