Today's Committee Meetings on the LRL website is a calendar of interim committee hearings with links to agendas. Below are resources related to upcoming Interim Hearings.
Senate Select Committee on Mass Violence Prevention & Community Safety (Odessa)
Charge: Learn firsthand, the personal, family, and community impact of mass shootings in Texas by hearing from victims of mass violence in Dallas, Santa Fe, Sutherland Springs, El Paso, and Midland/Odessa. Conduct hearings in Austin, El Paso, and the Midland/Odessa area to meet with victims and their families in those communities.
- "Mass Shootings and the Texas Response," Texas Public Radio, September 16, 2019
- Texas Safety Action Report, Governor Greg Abbott, September 12, 2019
- Executive Order GA-07, Relating to the Prevention of Mass Attacks, Governor Greg Abbott, September 5, 2019
- "Odessa Residents Try to Understand How a Shooting Could Happen in a 'Utopia in the Desert'," KERA News, September 5, 2019
- "After Mass Shooting, Odessa’s Mayor is 'Mad as Hell' But Helping His City Cope," Texas Tribune, September 2, 2019
- "'Warrior' Prevents More People from Becoming Victims," Midland Reporter-Telegram, September 1, 2019