As the 87th Legislature draws to a close, a series of end-of-session deadlines begin to take effect. Below is a list of deadlines that occur next week:
- Monday, May 10: Last day for House committees to report House bills (HBs) and House joint resolutions (HJRs).
- Tuesday, May 11: Deadline for the House to distribute the last House Daily Calendar with House bills and House joint resolutions.
- Wednesday, May 12: Deadline for the House to distribute the last House Local and Consent Calendar with consent House bills.
- Thursday, May 13: Last day for the House to consider House bills and House joint resolutions on second reading on the House Daily or Supplemental Calendar.
- Friday, May 14: Last day for the House to consider consent House bills on second and third reading and all third reading House bills or House joint resolutions on the House Supplemental Calendar.
Bill statistics for the period of November 9, 2020 — April 30, 2021, are below.
|House Bills (HBs) &
House Joint Resolutions (HJRs)
|Senate Bills (SBs) &
Senate Joint Resolutions (SJRs)
|Reported out of committee||
|Passed by chamber of origin||617||549|
|Referred to committee in opposite chamber||178||432|
|Reported out of committee in opposite chamber||44||150|
|Passed opposite chamber||36||19|
|Signed by the Governor||1||2|