Today's Committee Meetings on the LRL website is a calendar of interim committee hearings with links to agendas. Below are resources related to upcoming Interim Hearings.
August 16, 2022
House Committee on Pensions, Investments & Financial Services
Monitor the agencies and programs under the Committee's jurisdiction and oversee the implementation of relevant legislation passed by the 87th Legislature. Conduct active oversight of all associated rulemaking and other governmental actions taken to ensure the intended legislative outcome of all legislation, including the following:
- HB 3898, relating to the funding of public retirement systems.
Charge: Review and evaluate the actuarial soundness of the Employees Retirement System (ERS) pension fund.
- Actuarial Valuation Reports for Pension Plans Administered by ERS as of August 31, 2021 (Summary), Employees Retirement System of Texas, December 8, 2021
- Interim Report to the 87th Legislature (Charge 4 – Actuarial soundness of the Employees Retirement System and TRS pension funds), House Committee on Pensions, Investments & Financial Services, January 2021
- Interim Report (Charge – Investment of state funds), Senate Committee on Finance, August 2020
- ERS Actuarial Valuation Reports, Employees Retirement System of Texas
Charge: Evaluate the actuarial soundness of the Law Enforcement and Custodial Officer Supplemental Retirement Fund (LECOS) and Judicial Retirement System of Texas Plan 2 (JRS 2). Identify strategies to reduce and eliminate existing unfunded liabilities and recommend structural enhancements that improve the financial health and viability of the funds moving forward.
- Fiscal Size-Up 2022-23 Biennium (Retirement), Legislative Budget Board, March 2022
- Pension and Retirement Legislation Information by State, National Conference of State Legislatures, December 10, 2021
- Actuarial Valuation Reports: For Pension Plans Administered by ERS as of August 31, 2021 (Law Enforcement and Custodial Officer Supplemental Retirement Fund) (Judicial Retirement System of Texas, Plan 2) (Summary), Employees Retirement System of Texas, December 8, 2021
Charge: Review the Texas Local Fire Fighters Retirement Act (TLFFRA) to ensure proper governance and financial oversight. Examine whether the Pension Review Board has proper oversight and authority to implement necessary corrective measures.
- Texas Local Fire Fighters Retirement Act (TLFFRA) Pension Report, Texas Pension Review Board, May 2022
- Guide to Public Retirement Systems in Texas (Local Firefighter Plans (TLFFRA)), Texas Pension Review Board, March 2021
- Texas Public Pension Data Center (Local Firefighter FY 2020), Texas Pension Review Board