In celebration of National Library Week, we invite you to a game of LRL Trivial Pursuit! Answers will be revealed later this week.
- TRUE or FALSE: It is illegal to pick bluebonnets in Texas.
- What year was the first standardized test administered in Texas public schools and what was it called?
- Which former House member from Washington County cast his first presidential vote for Grover Cleveland, was invited to attend the inaugural ball for Governor James S. Hogg, and was a relative of one of the writers of the Texas State Flower Song, "Bluebonnets"?
- There are two busts in the artwork collection on display in the LRL. One is Sam Houston, who is the other? [Hint: these two may require a field trip to Capitol Room 2N.3!]
- When was the last time a Governor's veto was overridden by the Legislature?
Watch for more activities during the week!